A steel manufacturing plant produces construction grade rebar. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, scrap metal is converted into steel. Each year the plant produces 1.1 billion pounds of steel rebar used in concrete. That’s enough rebar to circle the globe.
- Dependent upon machine uptime.
- Pressure cylinders within the compactor fail to control compression and speed causing problems in binding the coil.
- Equipment failure occurs in the final stage of production causing the entire line to stop, can you say bottleneck?
- Critical asset unequipped with sensors to produce data.
- SORBA-SDC (Smart Data Collector) connected to a Siemens PLC, collecting months of time series data to analyze the behavior of the equipment.
- Minimized cost by not engaging IT personnel to connect to the enterprise network. SORBA does not require any firewall ports to open.
- Detected anomalies with lead times up to 19 days. Correlated all potential issues with work order events.