A US-based rail transportation company manages 21,000 miles of track and operates a fleet of 4,000 locomotives & 100,000 rail cars. In addition to rolling assets, they maintain maintenance shop facilities, railyards, hump stations, ship to rail terminals and large intermodal transfers.
- Plagued by operational and catastrophic asset failures.
- Since 2003, the company has experienced over $1 billion in total losses in 2,500 train derailments.
- Aging rail infrastructure paired with legacy locomotives lacking the necessary instrumentation to produce data for analysis.
- CMMS analytics unable to analyze real-time sensor data.
- Predicted battery anomalies.
- Reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Improve maintenance shop effectiveness.
- Provided sensor instrumentation on locomotive diesel engine.
- Data utilized to create smart algorithms/agents to predict future engine failures.
Read our RAIL SWITCH Case Study HERE.