Over 10,000 rail switches installed throughout the 21,000 miles of track. A rail switch is a mechanical installation enabling locomotives to be guided from one track to another.
- FRA mandates costly inspections of all rail switches.
- Railroad company seeking alternative measures to combat operating expense and lower scheduled maintenance hours.
- Inability to correlate environmental factors to switch failures.
- Reduced train delay.
- Improved locomotive velocity with efficient coordination and proper management of rail switches derived from data insight.
- Modeled an FRA mandated inspection test through analysis of historical and real-time failure data correlated to work orders.
- Field technicians properly notified of future failures, lowering the overall cost of operating costs.
Read our LOCOMOTIVE Case Study HERE.