A pharmaceutical manufacturer of medical, diagnostic, testing, the equipment provides a one-stop shop for anatomical pathology. The company runs a fully automated diagnostic dispensing machine used to process high volume biopsy tests.
- The automated machine experiences frequent issues with the vacuum pump used to control the dispensing process.
- Each vacuum pump failure costs thousands of dollars to replace.
- Catastrophic failures occur due to moisture penetration in the motor.
- Improper calibrations made to sensors and components.
- 9 anomalies detected with a 66 day lead time to failure alerting maintenance personal way in advance.
- True root cause analysis is given by showing top 3 leading sensors with the highest contribution to the specific failure.
- SORBA-ML analyzed all the discrete I/O time durations as if they were analog sensors. Same technique applied to predict failures in an automated assembly line.